Saturday, January 5, 2019

Knitting the double-thick cuff from VeryPink

I came across a great pattern by Staci Perry akaVery Pink.  She graciously made this pattern available for free on Ravelry.   She writes very clear patterns that are easy to follow.

I hadn't knit in a while so I was excited to knit this up. Unfortunately, I didn't use a very cute yarn, but that did not deter me from knitting this up.  I also used a worsted weight yarn with size 5 needles which was something I had never done before.  I normally use a size 9 needle with worsted weight yarn.

I like doing the provisional cast on as I am a competent crocheter so I am comfortable holding a crochet hook.

I also decided to intentionally twist my stitches for the ribbed cuff.  I like the way twisted stitches can make ribbed rows pop.  Since I used a dark yarn, any little bit helps.

I really enjoyed knitting this hat.  I made it in about five or six hours and topped it off with a pompom that I made myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment